- Welcome to seety.co.uk.
- Your privacy is our primary concern and we do not want the services we provide and the technology we use to interfere with your private life.
- We took hundreds of thousands of photographs of the streets of London (the Photos). For obvious reasons, we took the Photos during daylight and unsurprisingly a large number of the Photos therefore feature one or several individuals (the Passers-by).
- The method we use for taking the Photos (for more details see the About section http://www.seety.co.uk/about.html) does not make it possible for us to ask the permission of Passers-by before we use their image on our site. However, we recognise that some of the Photos may fortuitously show some of the Passers-by in a place or situation that they would not want to show to others. Accordingly, in order to protect their privacy we:
- Keep the resolution of the Photos high enough to allow our customers to use our services but low enough to make it difficult to identify any Passer-by; and
- Use pixilation and blurring tools to anonymise the Photos where we think that Passers-by and/or vehicles could otherwise be identified.
- Despite our reasonable endeavours to anonymise all the Photos we acknowledge that on certain Photos it might still be possible to identify a Passer-by, perhaps by reference to a detail or series of details that we cannot easily anonymise.
- If you still think that you can recognize yourself or someone else, please let us know at email@example.com and we will do our best to publish a new version of the image that will hide the subject, or we may completely remove the image from our site within 48 hours.
- We acknowledge that some of the Images may contain trade marks belonging to third parties (for instance where such trade mark is featured on the exterior of a building). The inclusion of any such trade marks in our Images is purely incidental. Nevertheless, if a trade mark owner has reasonable grounds to object to its trade mark appearing in an Image, it may let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to obscure such trade mark within 48 hours.
- If you are just visiting the public areas of our site, please note that we do not at present collect any personal data about you. However, we may automatically collect information about your visits, such as browsing patterns. Information collected in this way does not reveal your contact details or any type of personal data. This information is only used in aggregate form to analyse, manage and develop our site and is not linked to any individual.
- In putting our site we may have collected personal information about individuals (including images of the Passers-by) which we use to provide our services on our site. All storage, use and transmission of personal information relating to a living individual is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal information we holds about you.